Monday, September 23, 2024

WRP: "Why Vivian Zabel Writes"

Three days a week, I meet with other writers in Writing Room Prime on Zoom where we spend an hour focused on writing, plotting, or anything that advances our careers as writers. I've been asking the participants why they write. Here's one of the answers. 

"My imagination has always worked overtime. Movies run in my head. Stories bubble up and over. If I don’t write, my dreams awaken me and yell at me, telling me to write, write, write. I began telling stories from my imagination as soon as I could talk. My mother saved some of my first written poetry and stories from when I was in third grade. I write because I have to do something with all those words, stories, characters, movies." 
~ Vivian Zabel, author of Prairie Dog Cowboy 



No comments:

Post a Comment