Friday, September 20, 2024

September Steppin'

This was a hot summer! Cooler weather has finally arrived, so heat stroke isn't winking and making advances on me as I walk around the neighborhood. 

Book News:
 I've been working on the cover for Murder by the Mile. Which may seem to be an odd thing to do since the book isn't completed, but it gives me something concrete to shoot for. Makes it more real. Writing a book can be a nebulous thing at times. What you see in your head—the movie in your mind as it were—and what you're writing can be wildly different. I always have to remember that writing could also be called rewriting and be just as true.
 • I've chosen Floozy Takes A Ramble as the title for the next humor book. Seems to fit better than anything else for a book of eclectic and eccentric writings. Of course, I reserve the right to change it if a better title comes along.
 • Buy all my books--and I do mean buy all--at online retailers and independent bookstores. This includes Floozy Goes Forth, Murder by Dewey Decimal, Murder by the Acre, Floozy Comes Back, Tales from Bethlehem, Floozy & Other Stories, Undying, and more!
Order my books from Amazon here!
Order my books from Books-A-Million here!
Order my books from Bookshop.org here!
Order my books from Magers & Quinn Booksellers here!
Order my books from Thrift Books here!
Order my books from Powell Books here!
Perfect for the readers in your life—and for you!

>Personal news:
• My friend Kat Walker has started an art page on Facebook. See her work HERE!
• Need a laugh? Visit my friend Conni Lee on YouTube! See her perform HERE!
• My walking program continues. Sometimes it goes well. Other times I struggle. If that doesn't sum up life, I don't know what does.

Jokes of the Month: 
A highway patrolman pulls over a carload of nuns.
Patrolman: “Sister, this is a 65 MPH highway; why are you going so slow?”
Sister: “Sir, I saw a lot of signs that said 22, not 65.”
Patrolman: “That’s not the speed limit; that’s the name of the highway you’re on.”
Sister: “Oh! Silly me! Thanks for letting me know. I’ll be more careful.”
At this point, the patrolman looks in the backseat where the other nuns are shaking and trembling.
Patrolman: “Excuse me, Sister, what’s wrong with your friends back there?”
Sister: “Oh, we just got off Highway 131."

One day, two women were arguing about whose dog is smarter.
Helga says, "My dog's so smart, every morning he waits for the paperboy to come around, and then he takes the newspaper and brings it to me."
Zelma replies, "Oh, I know that."
Surprised, Helga asks, "How do YOU know?"
Zelma says, "My dog told me."

Quotes of the Month:
“To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.” ~ Reba McEntire
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~ Thomas Edison
“Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger.” ~ Franklin P. Jones

Take care and stay safe. We'll chat again in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment