Wednesday, September 25, 2024

WRP: "Why Wendy Blanton Writes"

Three days a week, I meet with other writers in Writing Room Prime on Zoom where we spend an hour focused on writing, plotting, or anything that advances our careers as writers. I've been asking the participants why they write. Here's one of the answers.

"The short answer is I write because I have to. I get cranky when I haven’t written for a while. Eventually, my husband will send me to my office for a time-out. So much of my life revolves around writing that I can’t imagine who I’d be if I gave it up. I write because I want to touch people's lives. I want to give them a safe place to hide from the real world for a while, and for them to come away refreshed, maybe with a new perspective. I want to level up--to get better and better until the last story is written."
~ Wendy Blanton, author of Dawn Before The Dark 



No comments:

Post a Comment