Friday, March 15, 2024

Marching through 2024!

Happy March!
Spring into spring with a Floozy or three! Or maybe a few murders are more to your liking. I aim to please while the murderer in Murder by the Acre aims to kill.

Below are the Floozies for your enjoyment:


And here are baffling murders:


You can find all of my books on Amazon, Books-A-Million, Lulu, and other online booksellers. Also, don't forget that independent bookstores can order my books for you if they don't have them on their shelves.

Personal news:
- I have been busy with marketing my books, cleaning my house, hosting Writing Room Prime on Zoom, cleaning my house, conducting Prosateurs meetings on Zoom, cleaning my house, working on print and email newsletters, cleaning my house, taking care of my kitties who are all doing well, cleaning my house, running errands, cleaning my house, getting my taxes finished, and, of course, cleaning my house. It's obvious that I need a maid or two. Oh, and someone to clean my house, too.
- I have been watching Chinese tomb raider movies lately. A few are quite good. Most are not. Hollywood studios are not the only ones that can spend millions of dollars on a movie and it still turns out bad. It always comes back to having a well-written story instead of just a huge special effects budget.
- Speaking of huge budgets and special effects, I recently saw Aquaman 2, The Flash, and The Marvels. While all three had scenes I enjoyed--from breathtaking underwater vistas to the return of Michael Keaton as Batman to the cutest man-eating kittens you've ever seen--I was glad I saw the movies on streaming channels and didn't pay at the theater for them. I would have liked them less if I had paid $10 a ticket and whatever buttered popcorn is going for these days.

Joke of the Month: 
A woman got on a bus holding a baby.
The bus driver said, "Wow, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen."
In a huff, the woman slammed her fare into the fare box and took an aisle seat near the rear of the bus.
The man seated next to her asked her what was wrong.
"The bus driver was insulting," she fumed.
The man said: "Why, he's a public servant and shouldn't say things to insult passengers."
"You're right," she said. "I think I'll go back up there and give him a piece of my mind."
"That's a good idea," the man said. "Here, let me hold your monkey."

Quote of the Month:
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." — C.S. Lewis 

I'll close now. May March bless you with health, happiness, and love. We will talk again in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment