Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z is for Zeitgeist

I had read Zeitgeist before, but never really understood what it means. It's "the spirit of the age; trend or thought in a period," according to my faithful Websters New World Dictionary. The Roaring Twenties, the Swinging Sixties...and so on are a good example of attempts to read the Zeitgeist of an age.

I wondered what my decades would be called. I wonder what your decades would be called. I hope all the adjectives are good...Terrific Thirties, Fine Forties, Fabulous Fifties...but if not, it's never too late to change. Yeah, it's a cliche, but it's one I'm working on believing.

And this is the end of the April Blogging A-Z Challenge. I finished late, but I finished despite being ill. And I'm feeling better as we head into the warmer parts of the year. Maybe this will be my Super Summer. I hope it's yours.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you were ill. I hope you're feeling better.
    I'm visiting from the A to Z list. I'm part of a blogging team. One of our blogs is Poetry of the Netherworld.

    ReplyDelete