Friday, April 18, 2014

P is for passion

Passion

If I could, I would seduce you
into poetry. I would run
feathery words over the bare
shoulders of your muse, touch gently
the moist secret places of your
metaphors, delicately brush
your lips with similes and plunge
rhythm and rhyme into your soul.

I would take you past the threshold
where passion and structure meet, where
one image means the difference
'tween indifference and glory.
If I could, I would do these things
and do them long and do them well
until when you heard poetry,
you would gasp, don’t stop oh don’t stop.

Copyright 2014 by Stephen B. Bagley. All rights reserved. No copying without express permission of the author and publisher. This poem was published in a different form in EndlesS, copyright 2008 by Many Rivers Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment